Sunday, November 15, 2015

Quick ValleyCon Army Update

Just a quick update today. Over the last couple of weeks, life has limited the amount of work I've done on my ValleyCon army, but I did knock off four more armoured cars and the two portees. I haven't painted the crew yet, in particular I need to decide whether I'm happy using the gunner that comes with the armoured car kits, or try something else to make them not look so identical.

I had planned to have the 37mm gun removable from the portees, as I think having the dismounted option will be important. Alas, unlike the 6pdr portee, the 37mm portee kit has the gun carriage moulded as part of the truck. Battlefront don't do a British 37mm pack, but the gun is the same as the Polish wz36 so I have picked up a pack of those to use instead.




I'm not going to make much progress over the next couple of weeks either, but I think I'm pretty much on track to have them all finished before Christmas. Quite looking forward to the prospect of something different - painting the same camouflage on so many vehicles is starting to wear a bit thin...


No comments:

Post a Comment