Tuesday, December 15, 2015

ValleyCon - Seven Weeks To Go

We're already halfway through December, with less than seven weeks to go until ValleyCon. I've been chipping away, but ran into a snag late last week. I ran out of the brown ink I use for shading, and the replacement bottle I picked up isn't a colour match. And not just a slight mismatch that I'm being overly picky about: it's pink rather than brown.

So, rather than risk another bottle of the same brand, I've ordered in a different wash in the hope of getting something more reliable. That should turn up in the next few days, and then I'll be able to finish off the teams that are on the bench and post an updated progress photo.

This week I also picked up a box of Perry 28mm AWI Continentals, to paint up for a multiplayer game of Blackpowder being put on next year. I've never done anything in 28mm, but the thinking was "it's only 36 figures, how hard can it be?" My first reaction on opening the box was horror at what I'd taken on: they're incredibly detailed and I don't think my technique built on years of painting in 15mm is quite going to cut it. But I've picked up some inspiration from seeing what others at the club have been doing, and there's an excellent painting guide in the box, so we'll just have to see what happens. And it will certainly make a nice change from caunter...

No comments:

Post a Comment